From Mapred Learn <mapred.le...@gmail.com>
Subject How to send files to task trackers in a map-red job
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 00:35:33 GMT
Hi,
I have 2 files that I want to send to all tasktrackers during job execution.
I try something like:
hadoop jar abc.jar <main class> -conf <conf file> -cacheFile
'hdfs://<namenode>:port/user/jj/dummy/abc.dat#abc' -cacheFile
'hdfs://<namenode>:port/user/jj/dummy/abc.txt#abc1'

But looks like I don't get second file to the task trackers and all task
trackers fail with exception - "file not found: /user/jj/dummy/abc.txt".

Could somebody please guide me to the right way how to get files to all the
data nodes in a map-red job ?

Thanks,
JJ