From Pedro Costa <psdc1...@gmail.com>
Subject define a specific data node from a reduce task.
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:21:42 GMT
Hi,

I'm running an MR application that produces an output that is saved in
HDFS. My application has 5 slave nodes (so it has also 5 data nodes).
The hdfs file replication factor is 1. I want from my application, or
from the Hadoop MR source code tell which data node my result should
be. For example, if I've datanode1-5, I would like to say to the name
node to save the reduce output result data in a specific datanode.

Is it possible?

Thanks,