From Mapred Learn <mapred.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mapred.child.java.opts question
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 19:29:00 GMT
No it does not.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 14, 2011, at 11:22 AM, Jeff Bean <jwfbean@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Does your class use GenericOptionsParser (does it implement Tool, and does it call ToolRunner.run(),
for example?

> Jeff
>
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Alex Kozlov <alexvk@cloudera.com> wrote:
> There might be different reasons why this parameter is not passed to the slave JVM: for
example, it might have been declared final.  Do you see the correct parameter in your job
xml file (to be found in the JT UI or in the slave local FS)?  You can also see the passed
parameters if you do `ps aux` on the slave during the execution (but you need to catch the
right time to catch the execution).  -- Alex K