From Steven Wong <sw...@netflix.com>
Subject RE: Resend -> how to load sequence file with decimal data
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 06:07:31 GMT
For decimal, your only options in current Hive are STRING and FLOAT/DOUBLE. Or *INT if you
remove the decimal point.

From: Mapred Learn [mailto:mapred.learn@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 12:13 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org; mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org; cdh-user@cloudera.org
Subject: Re: Resend -> how to load sequence file with decimal data

Hi Steven,
With load data you give some info about data also. As in Tom' White's book:
create external table external_table(dummy string)
location....
load data....

Now dummy string is a field in this data. Similarly, what I have is a dcimal field. How do
I specify it in the create command ?

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Steven Wong <swong@netflix.com<mailto:swong@netflix.com>>