From Paolo Castagna <castagna.li...@googlemail.com>
Subject mapreduce.map.input.file is null when running locally via LocalJobRunner
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:16:14 GMT
Hi,
I am using Hadoop MapReduce SNAPSHOTs from the Apache Snapshot Repository [1,2].
I need to get the name of the file a Mapper is processing and I am using the
new MapReduce APIs. This is what I do:

  public void setup(Context context) throws IOException, InterruptedException {
      filename = context.getConfiguration().get("mapreduce.map.input.file");
      [...]
  }

Is the "mapreduce.map.input.file" property supposed to be set also when
running locally via LocalJobRunner?

I see null values using 0.22.0-SNAPSHOT or 0.23.0-SNAPSHOT. Same with the
old "map.input.file" property.

Is there an alternative way which would work locally too via LocalJobRunner
to find the name of the input file from a Mapper?

Regards,
Paolo

 [1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-mapred/0.22.0-SNAPSHOT/
 [2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-mapred/0.23.0-SNAPSHOT/