From Devaraj K <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Map job hangs indefinitely
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 06:43:56 GMT
With this info it is difficult to find out where the problem is coming. Can
you check the job tracker and task tracker logs related to these jobs?

Devaraj K

  _____

From: Sudharsan Sampath [mailto:sudhan65@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:51 AM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Map job hangs indefinitely

Hi,

I am starting a job from the map of another job. Following are quick mock of
the code snippets that I use. But the 2nd job hangs indefinitely after the
1st task attempt fails. There is not even a 2nd attempt. This runs fine on a
cluster with one node but fails on a two node cluster.

Can someone help me in understanding why the failed attempt was unable to be
rescheduled and thereby hangs the job.

Thanks
Sudhan S