From Mike Spreitzer <mspre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Writable#write given null DataOutput
Date Sun, 01 May 2011 17:43:34 GMT
I am running Hadoop core 0.20.2, with no additions or modifications.  I
ran a series of 30 similar jobs, each with about 3/4 of a billion
(key,value) pairs written by the mapper.  In the midst of the 29th job, I
got one NullPointerException, from the first line of my value's write
method.  That line reads
                out.writeDouble(x);
where "void write(DataOutput out)" is the signature of the write method
and "double x" is a field of the value object whose write method is being
invoked.  Is this a known bug?

Thanks,
Mike Spreitzer
SMTP: mspreitz@us.ibm.com, Lotus Notes: Mike Spreitzer/Watson/IBM
Office phone: +1-914-784-6424 (IBM T/L 863-)
AOL Instant Messaging: M1k3Sprtzr