From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Dynamically specify slave nodes
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 11:35:58 GMT
Francesco,

The system is already dynamic right now, unless a configuration limits
that. Slave nodes may enter/exit any time. But you have to keep in
mind that the loss of a DataNode can lead to a lot of network traffic
for rebalancing/re-replicating blocks lost. A TaskTracker loss is not
so expensive to the cluster, OTOH.

Merely starting up a DN/TT individually on a machine on the network
with the right master hosts configuration will see it automatically
enter the NN/JT cluster.

Is this what you are looking to do?

--
Harsh J