From Mapred Learn <mapred.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Null pointer exception in Mapper initialization
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 22:24:20 GMT
Hi,

I get error like:

java.lang.NullPointerException

                at
org.apache.hadoop.io<http://org.apache.hadoop.io.serializer.serializationfactory.ge/>
.serializer.SerializationFactory.getSerializer(SerializationFactory.java:73)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$MapOutputBuffer.<init>(MapTask.java:815)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewOutputCollector.<init>(MapTask.java:549)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:631)

                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1063)

My Mapper key/value are basic Writable types. Could somebody point me to
some clue as to why am I getting this error ?

Thanks,

-JJ