From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Map Reduce when downloading files...
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 16:13:59 GMT
I haven't gone through the whole thing, but getting the Configuration
object via a static member "conf" set only during submission (main())
will not work - and is probably why there's an NPE.

Use the Context object in the map() call to get a configuration
instance. That is the only right way I know of.

i.e., change 124 to:
groupTask = new GroupTask(context.getConfiguration(), groupID,
PhotosDownload.outputPath, f.getPoolsInterface());

--
Harsh J