From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Setting Config Property in OutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs().
Date Sat, 21 May 2011 17:08:12 GMT
Which version of Hadoop are you on?

This ought to work as long as you're making configuration changes
directly into the JobConf reference the OutputFormat gets passed to.
How're you doing the changes?

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Jane Chen <jxchen_us_1999@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I need to save some data in the job config as part of OutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs(),
and have it propagated to map tasks.  It seems that the property is saved correctly when
OutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs() is run, but it can't be found in the map tasks.  Any idea
why that's the case?

--
Harsh J