From Lucian Iordache <lucian.george.iorda...@gmail.com>
Subject TableSplit not implementing "hashCode" problem
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 10:38:58 GMT
Hi guys,

I've just found a problem with the class TableSplit. It implements "equals",
but it does not implement hashCode also, as it should have.
I've discovered it by trying to use a HashSet of TableSplit's, and I've
noticed that some duplicate splits are added to the set.

The only option I have for now is to extend TableSplit and to use the
subclass.
I use cloudera cdh3u0 version of hadoop.

Do you know about this problem? Should I open a Jira issue for that, or it
already exists?

Thanks,
Lucian