From Geoffry Roberts <geoffry.robe...@gmail.com>
Subject Number of Reducers Set to One
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 17:44:14 GMT
All,

I am mostly seeking confirmation as to my thinking on this matter.

I have an MR job that I believe will force me into using a single reducer.
The nature of the process is one where calculations performed on a given
record rely on certain accumulated values whose calculation depends on
rolling values from all prior records.  An ultra simple example of this
would be a balance forward situation.  (I'm not doing accounting I'm doing
epidemiology, but the concept is the same.)

Is a single reducer the best way to go in this?

Thanks
--
Geoffry Roberts