From Geoffry Roberts <geoffry.robe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running M/R jobs from java code
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 15:37:21 GMT
I am confronted with the same problem.  What I plan to do is to have a
servlet simply execute a command on the machine from where I would start the
job if I were running it from the command line.

e.g.
$ ssh <remote host> '<hadoop_home>/bin/hadoop jar myjob.jar'

Another possibility would be to rig some kind of RMI thing.

Now here's an idea:  Use an aglet. ;-)  If I get into a funky mood I might
just give this a try.

--
Geoffry Roberts