From hadoopman <hadoop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration for small Cluster
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 17:30:33 GMT
I would dispute the assertion that linux isn't secure.  I'm an MCSE and
AIX Unix certified.  I can setup windows servers that are very secure
(and in secure).  The same thing goes for Unix and Linux servers.
Depends who's hands are on the keyboard imo :D

If it was me, I would replace the celerons and increase ram.  Windows
likes more hardware when improving performance.  Also anything that uses
emulation or creates an application layer (like cygwin or wine) I
wouldn't expect anything that borders on performance.  Sure there are
tweaks that can be made however it still will be shy of what can be
pulled out of a system (again imo).

Good Luck with it.