From "Giridhar Addepalli" <giridhar.addepa...@komli.com>
Subject RE: Moving Secondary NameNode
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 11:42:06 GMT
We have two node cluster, one master and one slave.

step1 ) stop hadoop  ( /bin/stop-all.sh )

step2 ) modify content of /conf/master file from "master" to "slave"

step3) start hadoop ( /bin/start-all.sh )

Are the above steps sufficient for moving "Secondary NameNode" daemon
process from "master" on to "slave" machine ?

Thanks,

Giridhar.

From: Giridhar Addepalli [mailto:giridhar.addepalli@komli.com]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 2:43 PM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Moving Secondary NameNode

Hi,

As of now, primary namenode and secondary namenode are running on the
same machine  in our configuration.

As both are RAM heavy processes, we want to move secondary namenode to
another machine in the cluster.

What does this move take?

Please refer me to some article which discusses these issues (or) please
give me the steps to follow.

Thanks,

Giridhar.