From Christoph Schmitz <Christoph.Schm...@1und1.de>
Subject Accessing jobs on the JobTracker
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 11:04:17 GMT
Hi,

for reporting and monitoring purposes, I would like to access - from Java code - the job configuration
of Jobs that someone else has submitted to a JobTracker (in 0.20.169).

Basically, this would mean doing a lot of what "hadoop job -status <jobid>" does (to
get to the location of the job.xml file), so I have been digging around in JobClient and friends.
Unfortunately, a lot of the stuff there is non-public (JobSubmissionProtocol, NetworkedJob,
etc.) and definitely not made for consumption outside of JobClient.

So is there a way to get to a job config in Java (short of forking "hadoop job -status", obviously)?

Thanks and best regards,

Christoph