From Alex Kozlov <ale...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Mapreduce jobs and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:52:19 GMT
The option should be passed to the child JVM environment when it is
started.  You can set most of the environment variables to garbage with no
side-effect.  A more important question what is the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your
JVM environment.

Once again, check the job.xml file in the mapred.local.dir (should be
/tmp/cache/${user.name}/... or something like this in the pseudo-config
environment) or try to print out the environment variables directly in your
map/reduce task.

Alex K

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Donatella Firmani <
donatellafirmani@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just tried giving the option -Dmapred.child.env="LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/
> home/mylibpath1/lib1;home/mylibpath2/lib2;home/mylibpath3/lib3" writing
> no-sense environment variables like  -Dmapred.child.env="blahblablah".
>
> It continues working... so I think that the option is completely ignored by
> the bin/hadoop script.
>
> Do you think it is an expected behavior?
>
> Cheers,
> DF

>>> mapred.child.java.opts in mapred-site.xml. But - even if it seems the