From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Using MultipleTextOutputFormat for map-only jobs
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:49:15 GMT
Hello again Hari,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Hari Sreekumar
<hsreekumar@clickable.com> wrote:
> Here is a part of the code I am using:
>     jobConf.setOutputFormat(MultipleTextOutputFormat.class);

You need to subclass the OF and use it properly, else the abstract
class takes over with the default name always used (Thus, 'part'). You
can see a good, complete example at [1].

I'd still recommend using MultipleOutputs for better portability
reasons. Its javadocs explain how to go about using it well enough
[2].

[1] - https://sites.google.com/site/hadoopandhive/home/how-to-write-output-to-multiple-named-files-in-hadoop-using-multipletextoutputformat
[2] - http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/lib/MultipleOutputs.html

--