From Hari Sreekumar <hsreeku...@clickable.com>
Subject Using MultipleTextOutputFormat for map-only jobs
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 05:39:27 GMT
Hi,

I have a map-only mapreduce job where I want to deduce the output filename
from the output key/value. I figured
MultipleTextOutputFormat<http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/r0.21.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/lib/MultipleTextOutputFormat.html>
is
the best fit for my purpose. But I am unable to use it in map-only jobs. I
was able to run it if I add a reduce phase. But when I use map-only jobs,
the file gets written to the usual part-0000xx files. Also, is there no
support for this output format in v0.20.2? I mean, is it necessary to use
the deprecated classes if I want to use this?

Thanks,
Hari