From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: hadoop mr cluster mode on my laptop?
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:19:44 GMT
Hello Pedro,

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Pedro Costa <psdc1978@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1 - I would like to run Hadoop MR in my laptop, but with the cluster
> mode configuration. I've put a slave file with the following content:
> [code]
> 127.0.0.1
> localhost
> 192.168.10.1
> mylaptop
> [/code]
>

> the 192.168.10.1 is the IP of the machine and the "mylaptop" is the
> logical name of the address. Is this a well configured slaves file to
> do what I want?

Just the hostnames (or just the IPs) should suffice in the conf/slaves
list. Do not add multiple entries pointing to the same node.

> I was thinking in running a Tasktracker in each Core, although I don't
> know how to do it.

Set the value to 4 for the parameters:
* mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum (For 4 parallel mappers)
* mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum (For 4 parallel reducers)

--
Harsh J