From ranjith k <ranjith...@gmail.com>
Subject i can't get the file name in map program
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 15:05:07 GMT
hello.

I am new to hadoop map reduce programming. I need to write a map reduce
program. I have a input folder, it contain a 10 number of documents in text
format. My aim is to write a map reduce program that read each text file and
create the word count of each text file separately. My input split is each
line. The map function is called for each line of text. But i need my file
name in map function. How can i get the file name to my map function.
Similarly i need to write the output of each file separately, is it
possible?
My hadoop version is Hadoop 0.20.2.
please help me .
Advanced thanks.