From Donatella Firmani <donatellafirm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Mapreduce jobs and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:17:00 GMT
Dear Robert,

thanks for your quick reply. So you are saying that i can add a property in
hadoop-0.20.2 adding an item in mapred-site.xml. I have two questions related to
the syntax, do you confirm me that

1) different path are to be separated by a ":" like in unix systems or by a ";"?
2) the blank space is link LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /home/mylibpath1/lib1
   (and so LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/mylibpath1/lib1 is wrong)

?

Thanks in advance,
DF

________________________________
From: Robert Evans <evans@yahoo-inc.com>
To: "mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org" <mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Fri, April 29, 2011 4:29:51 PM
Subject: Re: Hadoop Mapreduce jobs and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

 Re: Hadoop Mapreduce jobs and LD_LIBRARY_PATH DF,

You can set mapred.child.java.opts to set java options, but you can also set
mapred.child.env to set environment variables, be careful because they are space
separated with an = in between them.

     <property>

   <name>mapred.child.env</name>
>    <value>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/mylibpath1/lib1;home/mylibpath2/lib2;home/mylibpath3/lib3</value>
>
>    </property>

--Bobby

On 4/29/11 5:58 AM, "Donatella Firmani" <donatellafirmani@yahoo.com> wrote:

To solve the issue addressed in my previous message, i tried setting property
>mapred.child.java.opts in mapred-site.xml. But - even if it seems the right
>approach in relation to what said in blogs & forums - there is a big problem
>with it.
>
>Following the tutorial (hadoop website) as section Task Execution &
Environment,