From Donatella Firmani <donatellafirm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Mapreduce jobs and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:37:38 GMT
I just tried giving the option
-Dmapred.child.env="LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/mylibpath1/lib1;home/mylibpath2/lib2;home/mylibpath3/lib3"
 writing no-sense environment variables like  -Dmapred.child.env="blahblablah".

It continues working... so I think that the option is completely ignored by the
bin/hadoop script.

Do you think it is an expected behavior?

Cheers,
DF

________________________________
From: Alex Kozlov <alexvk@cloudera.com>
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Fri, April 29, 2011 7:03:50 PM
Subject: Re: Hadoop Mapreduce jobs and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

You need only to edit the config files on the client or give the option with a
-Dmapred.child.env="LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/mylibpath1/lib1;home/mylibpath2/lib2;home/mylibpath3/lib3"
 flag (if you implement Tool).  You can check the job.xml file via JT UI to
verify that the parameters have the correct values for the job.

Dear Yin,