From Donatella Firmani <donatellafirm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Mapreduce jobs and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:58:28 GMT
To solve the issue addressed in my previous message, i tried setting property
mapred.child.java.opts in mapred-site.xml. But - even if it seems the right
approach in relation to what said in blogs & forums - there is a big problem
with it.

Following the tutorial (hadoop website) as section Task Execution & Environment,

my xml looks like:

<configuration>
     <property>
         <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
         <value>localhost:9001</value>
     </property>
     <property>
         <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
         <value>
-Djava.library.path=/home/mylibpath1/lib1;home/mylibpath2/lib2;home/mylibpath3/lib3

         </value>
     </property>
</configuration>

The problem arises when executing the job, because it is thrown an exception:

-Djava/library/path=/home/mylibpath1/lib1;home/mylibpath2/lib2;home/mylibpath3/lib3

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

DF