From Christoph Schmitz <Christoph.Schm...@1und1.de>
Subject AW: AW: Out-of-band writing from mapper
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:14:48 GMT
Gah, that sucks. I'm using 0.20.1-169 from Cloudera CDH2 and assumed it would be there in 0.20.2
as well.

Sorry, I have no idea what happened to MultipleOutputs in 0.20.2.

Regards,

Christoph

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Panayotis Antonopoulos [mailto:antonopoulospan@hotmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. April 2011 15:00
An: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Betreff: RE: AW: Out-of-band writing from mapper

Hi,
You are right I am using the MultipleOutputs from the org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib package.
But there is no MultipleOutputs in the package you said.
Can you please tell me which version of hadoop you are using? I use the stable version 0.20.2.

Regards,
Panagiotis

> From: Christoph.Schmitz@1und1.de
> To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
> Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:51:46 +0200
> Subject: AW: Out-of-band writing from mapper
>
> Hi,
>
> you are probably using the wrong MultipleOutputs from the org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib
package. There is another one in org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output, which fits into the
new 0.20 API.

> Regards,
> Christoph
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

to call "MultipleOutputs.addNamedOutput( (JobConf) configuration, "text", TextOutputFormat.class,
LongWritable.class, Text.class)";" are deprecated

> 2)I cannot get a reporter from the mapper so that I can call "mos.getCollector("text",context
).collect(emmitedKey, new Text("Hello"));". I only have the context.