From Pedro Costa <psdc1...@gmail.com>
Subject What happens after COMMIT_PENDING?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 09:47:18 GMT
Hi,

I'm running hadoop map-reduce in clustering, and I've a Reduce Task
that it remains in the state COMMIT_PENDING, and it doesn't finish.
This is happening because I've made some changes to the Hadoop MR. I'm
trying to solve my problem, but I don't understand what's happens
after the COMMIT_PENDING.

I know that when a task is in COMMIT_PENDING, is requesting something
to the TaskTracker or the JobTracker, for the task become SUCCESSFUL.
But, in detail, I don't know nothing. Can anyone explain in more
details what's happening?

Thanks,

--
xeon