From sumit ghosh <sumi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems Difficult To Solve With Hadoop
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 05:03:26 GMT
Hi,

I was thinking how a minimal spanning tree can be built MR? I mean not the
Greedy approach.
Is there a resource central which shares the various Algorithm implementations
with Hadoop?

Thanks,
Sumit

________________________________
From: Dan Serban Taras <dan.serban.taras@gmail.com>
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tue, 1 March, 2011 5:26:58 PM
Subject: Problems Difficult To Solve With Hadoop

Dear all,

I am working on a project involving the implementation of different parallel
programming patterns on Hadoop. Right now I am trying to find what other
patterns might be useful for Hadoop users and was wondering if some of you can
help by giving me a short description of a real-life problem you have
encountered that was either impossible to solve using Hadoop or very hard and
unnatural (maybe by having to use several consecutive MapReduce jobs).

Best Regards,
    Dan