From Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>
Subject Re: When use hadoop mapreduce?
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 21:48:42 GMT
Hi,

2011/2/17 Pedro Costa <psdc1978@gmail.com>:
> I like to know, depending on my problem, when should I use or not use
> Hadoop MapReduce? Does exist any list that advices me to use or not to
> use MapReduce?

The summary I usually give goes something like this:
IF your computation takes too long on a single system AND you can
split the work up into a lot of smaller pieces AND the work is batch
oriented AND what you are doing involves a lot of data THEN you should
consider trying it out.
There are other systems for scalable computing (for example Gridgain)
that may be better in other situations.

HTH

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,