From "Benjamin Hiller" <Benjamin.Hil...@urz.uni-heidelberg.de>
Subject Is it possible to determine the source of a value in the Mapper?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:32:32 GMT
Hi,

is it possible to determine the source (the filename for example) of a key-value pair in the
mapper? What I need to do is to differentiate between two different sources, although the
records of each source are of the same kind (so I can't differentiate between the sources
by looking at the records). I guess I could do this by injecting some kind of tag in the RecordReader
or elsewhere (which I haven't figured out yet either) but I hope there is an easier way to
do this, preferably right there in the mapper.

As additional information: I haven't changed anything in the RecordReader or InputSplit yet,
because I am working with text-files and it works just fine without any modification. So,
if I have just missed something basic regarding the above question, it would be nice if you
could point me to some information about it.

Thanks,
Ben