From Robert Grandl <rgra...@student.ethz.ch>
Subject Hadoop start scripts modification
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:34:35 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to modify hadoop starting scripts such that each tasktracker
from the conf/slaves to take his own configuration from a directory
conf_addressTracker.

Can somebody point me out in which files I have to modify
HADOOP_CONF_DIR variable such that the trackers to load their own
configurations directories ?

I was trying to modify bin/hadoop-daemon.sh and replace HADOOP_CONF_DIR
with the HADOOP_CONF_DIR_tracker.

However, if I am stopping a tracker and trying to start it again from
the job tracker with a command like this:
ssh rgrandl@tracker_host
'/home/rgrandl/School/Project/hadoop_compile/hadoop-0.20.2/bin/hadoop-daemon.sh
--config conf_tracker_host start tasktracker'

I got an error like: Error: JAVA_HOME is not set.

I don't know why I get this as JAVA_HOME points to the right location to
all conf/hadoop-env.sh files.

Can somebody help me out with some clues on the right way to solve my
problem ?

Thanks,
Robert