From rakesh kothari <rkothari_...@hotmail.com>
Subject mapred.local.dir cleanup
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 01:20:04 GMT

Hi,

I am seeing lots of leftover directories going back as far as 12 days in the task trackers
"mapred.local.dir". These directories are for "M/R task attempts".

How are these directories end up in "mapred.local.dir" as  from my understanding these directories
should be in "mapred.local.dir/taskTracker/jobcache/job-Id/" and should be cleaned up once
the job finishes (or after some interval) ? How can I enable automatic cleanup of these directories
?

A big chunk of these leftover directories were created the same day/time when I bounced my
hadoop cluster.

Any pointers is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Rakesh