From Sarthak Dudhara <sarthak...@gmail.com>
Subject JobClient equivalent in new mapreduce api
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2011 21:59:32 GMT
Hi,

I want to submit my mapreduce written with the new API specification as the
older ones are marked deprecated.

I could not find a JobClient equivalent in the new API. Has anyone managed
to use a similar jobClient mechanism to track Map reduce jobs written with
the new API spec? Is there another way to submit jobs and monitor their
status in the new API?

JobClient needs JobConf which needs the Mapper classes to be written in the
older format. I will need to overhaul quite a few classes to use the older
APIs (right from my custom InputFormat, InputSplit, OutputFormat,
OutputCommitter, etc.

Which is the best way to go with the current situation?
Thanks

Sarthak Dudhara