From Anfernee Xu <anfernee...@gmail.com>
Subject long running reduce task was killed due to failed to report status for 602 seconds
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:48:15 GMT
This question has been asked before, but I tried suggested solutions such as
call Context.setStatus() or progress(), neither them helped. Please advise.

My reduce task is doing some CPU extensive work in reduce task, below is my
code snippet

@Override
  protected void reduce(Text inpput, Iterable<LongWritable> docsIDs,
      Context context) throws IOException, InterruptedException {
      // really quick operation
  }

 @Override
  protected void cleanup(Context context) throws IOException,
      InterruptedException {
    // massive work here
       //doing one iteration
      context.setStatus("Iteration #"+i);