From Sarthak Dudhara <sarthak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JobClient equivalent in new mapreduce api
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2011 17:27:27 GMT
Hi Harsh,
Thanks for the reply...
I am currently using the job.submit(). Is there a way to track the job
status with that using the API? I thought JobClient used to provide that.

What can I use from my application to query the state of the jobs that were
submitted using the job.submit()?

I found the ClusterStatus class in 0.20.2 but not Cluster which is in 0.21.

The problem I am facing is that I used the new APIs in the mapreduce package
instead of the mapred package. I didnt know that it was incomplete. I guess
the old APIs should not be marked deprecated as it misguides users to not
use it.

Sarthak Dudhara