From "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject what is the map reduce fetcher??(and why is it binding to localhost when TT binds to my host???)
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2011 19:37:53 GMT
I see this on my datanode

2011-01-02 12:32:26,230 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker:
Starting thre

ad: Map-events fetcher for all reduce tasks on
tracker_DENVER-DHILLER.jsq.bsg.ad.a

dp.com:127.0.0.1/127.0.0.1:34835

while on startup it has the correct hostname and port logged...

/************************************************************

STARTUP_MSG: Starting TaskTracker

STARTUP_MSG:   host = DENVER-DHILLER.jsq.bsg.ad.adp.com/206.88.45.159

STARTUP_MSG:   args = []

STARTUP_MSG:   version = 0.20.2

STARTUP_MSG:   build =
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/b

ranch-0.20 -r 911707; compiled by 'chrisdo' on Fri Feb 19 08:07:34 UTC
2010

EVEN WORSE...This port 34835 keeps changing on startup so when using
colinux, I get screwed in that I can't telnet into the port(ie. No
programs can connect to that port) so this bound port becomes useless as
no one will be able to talk to it.  Is there any way

1.       To fix it to an address?

2.       To make sure it binds to 0.0.0.0 instead (I am not sure I can
bind to the ip, as the ip is that of the host OS-windows and not of
linux which is a virtual ip though I like in /etc/hosts so it seems to
work).

Thanks,

Dean

attachments from your system.