From "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject any plans to deploy OSGi bundles on cluster?
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2011 17:51:04 GMT
I was looking at distributed cache and how I need to copy local jars to
hdfs.  I was wondering if there was any plans to just deploy an OSGi
bundle(ie. Introspect and auto deploy jars from bundle to the
distributed cache and then make the api calls to deploy them to the
slave nodes so there is no work for the developer to do except deploy
OSGi bundles).

Not to mention, the OSGi classloader mechanism is so sweet, that I could
deploy jar A to be used by all my jobs and also deploy jar B version 1
and jar B version 2 which could be used at the same time by different
jobs without classloading problems.

Ie. This is impossible with most classloading mechanisms(including
jboss's old way-they are moving to OSGi).

Job 1 using jar A version1 and jarB version 1

Job 2 using jar A version 1 and jarB version 2

Unless of course they cheat and load jar A twice but that is what OSGi
avoids.  It is a flattened classloading model in which all the
classloaders are peers "except" for the one bootstrap classloader parent
where you should never put jars into unless you are the platform.

Dean

attachments from your system.