From MONTMORY Alain <alain.montm...@thalesgroup.com>
Subject RE: how to write custom object using M/R
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:27:48 GMT
Hi,

I think you have to put :
            job.setOutputFormatClass(SequenceFileOutputFormat.class);
to make it works..
hopes this help

Alain

[@@THALES GROUP RESTRICTED@@]

De : Joan [mailto:joan.monplet@gmail.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 14 janvier 2011 13:58
À : mapreduce-user
Objet : how to write custom object using M/R

Hi,

I'm trying to write (K,V) where K is a Text object and V's CustomObject. But It doesn't run.

I'm configuring output job like: SequenceFileInputFormat so I have job with:

        job.setMapOutputKeyClass(Text.class);
        job.setMapOutputValueClass(CustomObject.class);
        job.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);
        job.setOutputValueClass(CustomObject.class);

        SequenceFileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(job, new Path("myPath");

And I obtain the next output (this is a file: part-r-00000):

K  CustomObject@2b237512
K  CustomObject@24db06de

When this job finished I run other job which input is SequenceFileInputFormat but It doesn't
run:

The configuration's second job is:

        job.setInputFormatClass(SequenceFileInputFormat.class);
        SequenceFileInputFormat.addInputPath(job, new Path("myPath"));

But I get an error:

java.io.IOException: hdfs://localhost:30000/user/hadoop/out/part-r-00000 not a SequenceFile
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1523)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1483)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1451)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1432)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.SequenceFileRecordReader.initialize(SequenceFileRecordReader.java:60)

Can someone help me? Because I don't understand it. I don't know to save my object in first
M/R and how to use it in second M/R

Thanks

Joan