From Harsh J <qwertyman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run MR unit tests in eclipse
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2010 23:02:03 GMT
As the stack traces tell you, you need to add the servlet-api,
jetty-*, etc. jars to your test run configuration's classpath, along
with the src/webapps folder (for the webui trying to come up).
Additionally you may also need to provide a VM arg for hadoop.log.dir
to specify where to write logger outputs.

If you imported MapReduce code into eclipse (via ant eclipse), things
could be much more simpler (you only need to ensure the src/webapps
and hadoop.log.dir part).

I'd suggest running specific tests with ant in the command-line
itself, using "ant -Dtestcase=<testclass> test-core", as it always
works without hitches.

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com