From psdc1...@gmail.com
Subject object Writable and Serialization
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:22:42 GMT
Hi,

I know that Hadoop MR don't use the java object Serialization and use
instead the object Writable, and I understand the reasons that the Hadoop
MR team chose that.

I was doing my modifications to the Hadoop MR, and I was trying to transfer
my own object via RPC method call between the TT and the JT.

Here's my object:
[code]
// please notice that I use Serializable instead of Writable
// and I don't implement the method readFields and write neither.
public class MyObj implements Serializable {
}
[/code]

As consequence this object isn't transfered between the TT and the JT.

Why it isn't transfered? Despite of Hadoop MR don't use java object
Serialization, this is a feature that belongs to the Java framework.

Thanks,
PSC