From "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject RE: External jar dependency of map reduce jobs
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2010 23:02:37 GMT
Google DistributedCache hadoop...I think there is a method for
DistributedCache.addResource though not sure if adding just text files
or jars, but maybe that will help you in looking.  Sorry, I am a newb as
well.

Dean

From: praveen.peddi@nokia.com [mailto:praveen.peddi@nokia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:40 AM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: External jar dependency of map reduce jobs

Hello all,

I have few map reduce jobs that I am invoking from a glasfish container.
I am not using "hadoop" command line tool but calling the jobs directly
from glassfish programatically. I have a driver that runs on glassfish
and calls these jobs sequentially. I was able to run the jobs as long as
they do not depend on external jar files. But I have one job that
depends on external jars and that fails with ClassNotFound exception.

I know that -libjars options can be used when using command line hadoop
but since I am invoking the jobs programatically from an app server, I
am wondering how I can add external dependencies in this case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Praveen

attachments from your system.