From "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject [No Subject]
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:01:11 GMT
I am getting this weird exception in JobTracker logs right now when
running example

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: socket creation error

        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)

        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)

        at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)

        at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)

       at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:207)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.db.DBConfiguration.getConnection(DBConfi

guration.java:126)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.db.DBInputFormat.configure(DBInputFormat

.java:266)

        ... 11 more

How in the world is hsqldb being used instead of my hdfs?  I had this
all working and changed from ip configs to DNS name configs now that I
setup my own DNS server(not sure why the lab doesn't have one here).

My mapred-site.xml file is

<configuration>

<property>

  <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>

  <value>hdfs://hadoop2:54311</value>

</property>

<property>

  <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>

  <value>-Xmx512m</value>

</property>

</configuration>

So where in the world would it think it needs to connect to hsqldb
instead of hdfs?

Thanks,

Dean

attachments from your system.