From Chris K Wensel <ch...@wensel.net>
Subject Re: 0.20.2 : Running Chained jobs using JobControl
Date Sat, 01 Jan 2011 23:39:35 GMT
Probably safe to use the deprecated apis considering

ckw

On Jan 1, 2011, at 3:18 PM, Sarthak Dudhara wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run chained jobs using Hadoop 0.20.2. I see that the class JobControl
is provided for the same purpose in 0.20.2. However, I can only add the deprecated class
> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.jobcontrol.Job.
>
> For using the JobControl class I need to use the older deprecated Job class and the other
deprecated classes from the mapred package e.g. JobConf, etc. to be able to use JobControl.
I am starting out developing infrastructure for us to create jobs etc and dont want to use
deprecated classes/packages preferably.

> In Hadoop 0.21.0, I have seen there is another class ControlledJob and JobControl in
the mapreduce.lib.jobcontrol package that takes care of this. However 0.21.0 is not production
ready as mentioned on the Hadoop site.

> What is the suggested course of action in this case? I see that using deprecated classes
is the only option I see. Actualy, using deprecated classes will cause quite a few cascading
changes, so I am trying to not do that if possible.

--
Chris K Wensel
chris@concurrentinc.com

-- Concurrent, Inc. offers mentoring, support, and licensing for Cascading