From <praveen.pe...@nokia.com>
Subject Starting a Hadoop job programtically
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 21:39:39 GMT
Hi all,
I am trying to figure how I can start a hadoop job porgramatically from my Java application
running in an app server. I was able to run my map reduce job using hadoop command from hadoop
master machine but my goal is to run the same job from my java program (running on a different
machine than master). I googled and could not find solution for this. All the examples I have
seen so far are using hadoop from command line to start a job.

1. Has anyone called Hadoop job invocation from a Java application?
2. If so, could someone provide some sample code.
3.

Thanks
Praveen