From Harsh J <qwertyman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: job scheduling and task scheduling inin map reduce
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 05:24:22 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM, nitin reddy <chintu.nitin@gmail.com> wrote:
> where in the source code i mean the class of map reduce the jobs are
> mapped from the job scheduler to the task scheduler so that i could
> plugin my trust concept to the tasks scheduler and increase the

The task-scheduler in play is invoked for assigning tasks at every
TaskTracker heartbeat, as seen inside JobTracker.heartbeat()

To switch schedulers, one uses the property:
"mapred.jobtracker.taskScheduler" to specify the class to use.

For looking at existing scheduler implementations, see classes
JobQueueTaskScheduler, LimitTasksPerJobTaskScheduler,
CapacityTaskScheduler (contrib/capacity-scheduler),
DynamicPriorityTaskScheduler (contrib/dynamic-scheduler) and
FairScheduler (contrib/fairscheduler)

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com