From li ping <li.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Starting a Hadoop job programtically
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 08:25:45 GMT
Hi:

I am trying to run a job in my own application.
So far, I can run the job on the server which the hadoop server is running
on.
But what I expect is the hadoop server is running on server A. and the
application will run on other server (B server).

If I run the application on Server B, it will throw some error, see blow:
10/11/25 15:54:10 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
xi-pli/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9001. Already tried 0 time(s).
10/11/25 15:54:11 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to
server: xi-pli/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9001. Already tried 1 time(s).
10/11/25 15:54:12 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to
server: xi-pli/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9001. Already tried 2 time(s).
Here I replace the real ip address with the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

This is my configuration file:
<configuration>
    <property>
      <name>fs.default.name</name>
      <value>hdfs://xi-pli:9000</value>
      <description></description>
    </property>
<property>
  <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
  <value>xi-pli:9001</value>
  <description></description>
</property>
</configuration>

The configuration file on server side is almost the same.
The server A and B can ping each other. and Also can ssh to each other
without the password.
The A,B server has the same username "hadoop"

The iptable also has been shutdown.
I can use the "telnet" command to connect to 9001 port on hadoop server
(Server A). but on Server B, I can't telnet to Server A.(The hadoop server
is running on Server A )
If I use the netstat -a to check the port. I can't find the 9001 port.

I have no idea why I can't run the job on the other server. If anyone can
give me some suggestion, that's very appreciated.

Thanks
Best Regards
--
-----李平