From Shrijeet Paliwal <shrij...@rocketfuel.com>
Subject Re: Write to different files based on key from mapper
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 19:06:41 GMT
The class MultipleOutputs in package org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output
describes its usage as following :

The MultipleOutputs class simplifies writing output data to multiple outputs

It also has a sample program in its comments. Here is the link belonging to
0.21
http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/r0.21.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/output/MultipleOutputs.html

-Shrijeet

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Srihari Anantha Padmanabhan <
sriharia@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to write the records to different hdfs files (instead of the
default part-m..0000) into different output dirs based on the key generated
by the mapper. I would like to implement this using the hadoop mapreduce
API.