From Jeff Zhang <zjf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to modify task assignment algorithm?
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 04:30:55 GMT
Currently, TaskTracker send heatbeat to JobTracker, and JobTracker
will send actions to TaskTracker according TaskTracker's status. I
think you should do some hacking about the heatbeat part of JobTracker

public synchronized HeartbeatResponse heartbeat(TaskTrackerStatus status,
                                                  boolean restarted,
                                                  boolean initialContact,
                                                  boolean acceptNewTasks,
                                                  short responseId)