From Han Dong <handon...@gmail.com>
Subject Log file questions
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 18:11:01 GMT
Hi,

I have a question regarding the log files generated when running some simple
hadoop examples in the jar file I was given. The log files contained the
time it took to run the map and reduce tasks, however, does this time also
include I/O? If I were to run the wordcount example, it would need to read
in the file at some point, does the time of the map and reduce tasks
generated in the log files include that timing as well?

Below is an example of the log file generated for a map task.

  Task

Complete

Status

Start Time

Finish Time

Errors

Counters

task_201009071545_0028_m_000000<http://172.20.101.33:50030/taskdetails.jsp?jobid=job_201009071545_0028&tipid=task_201009071545_0028_m_000000>

100.00%

Finished processing 30300 records from the input file:
hdfs://blade33:9000/user/han6/InputFile/5MB.txt

21-Sep-2010 12:45:17

21-Sep-2010 12:45:32 (15sec)

11<http://172.20.101.33:50030/taskstats.jsp?jobid=job_201009071545_0028&tipid=task_201009071545_0028_m_000000>

Thanks,