From Rita Liu <crystaldol...@gmail.com>
Subject How to specify HADOOP_COMMON_HOME in hadoop-mapreduce trunk?
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 04:34:02 GMT
Hi :)

In the current hadoop-common trunk, bin/start-all.sh has been deprecated. In
order to start the cluster, we have to go to hadoop-hdfs trunk and
hadoop-mapred trunk and run bin/start-dfs.sh and bin/start-mapred,
separately. However, when I do so, I always get the error message "can't
find hadoop common". This problem can be solved if I export
HADOOP_COMMON_HOME to be hadoop-common trunk, but is there a way to
configure this environment variable so that I don't have to export
HADOOP_COMMON_HOME every time when I start the cluster?

Please help me if possible? Thank you very much!
-Rita :))